Thigh lift is the procedure that restores the aesthetic contour of the inner thighs, correcting the excess tissue of the upper and inner thigh.
A thigh lift is a procedure performed in people of all ages who want to improve their body image.
A good candidate is one that presents any of the following characteristics:
• Excess skin and fat tissue in the thigh.
• Flaccidity in the thigh.
A personal visit is the first step for any woman who is thinking about a thigh lift.
Dr. Saez will ask about your general health and what your expectations are.
From an individualized evaluation Dr. Saez will explain the technique and the results that can be achieved by surgery.
The most common techniques are explained below. However, there may be slight variations depending on the physical characteristics of each person.
– In mild cases a liposuction is performed.
– In moderate cases, where there is increased laxity and sagging, a combination of liposuction and excision of excess skin is performed. The incision is located in the inguinal fold, from where all the excess tissue of the thigh is excised combined with liposuction of the adjacent area. Finally, a bandage is placed to facilitate healing.
• The operation usually lasts between 2 and 3 hours.
Although each person’s recovery is different, it is common to follow the next steps:
After the operation the usual stay at the clinic is 24 hours, thereafter the patient can be discharged.
THE FIRST DAY:
• It is advisable to rest. You should not manipulate the bandage.
DURING THE FIRST WEEK:
• The bandage will be removed after 3 or 4 days, and you will have to wear a compression garment.
• You must take moderate rest.
• Inflammation will gradually decrease.
• It is recommended implementation of lymphatic drainage.
AFTER THE FIRST WEEK:
• The stitches will be removed (although we don’t usually use visible sutures).
• You can progressively start to work and return to normal activity.
AFTER THE FIRST MONTH:
• Scars start to blend in with the skins natural tone better over time.
• Inflammation will reduce and you will start to see more defined final results.
• You can stop wearing the compression garment.
This intervention provides a great improvement in body contouring, giving patients more fulfilment with their new image, because the volume of the inner part of the thigh will have decreased and the excess fat and skin will have been removed.
The results achieved are maintained for many years. However, you must remember that your body is not immune to the effects of fluctuations in weight or age. It is advisable to take care of skin by moisturising, and make some physical exercise.