This procedure restores the anatomy of the abdominal muscles and tuck aesthetic appearance.
Multiple motivations lead a person to consider a tummy tuck surgery to improve their image.
Among them can be enhancement:
• Excess fat and skin tissue in the abdomen.
• Sagging abdominal muscle wall as a result of previous surgery or pregnancy etc…
The tummy tuck is performed on men and women of all ages.
At the same procedure, liposuction of the flanks, groin and hips can be performed.
This technique is not useful to treat obesity, but helps to improve the functionality of a person’s daily life.
A personal visit is the first step for anybody who is thinking about a tummy tuck.
Dr. Saez will ask about your general health and what your expectations are.
From an individualized evaluation Dr. Saez will explain the technique and the results that can be achieved by surgery.
The most common technique is explained below. However, there may be slight variations depending on the physical characteristics of each person.
Usually, the incision is located in the lower abdomen (suprapubic).
Occasionally it may be necessary to extend it to the iliac crests.
Through this incision, weakened abdominal muscles are repaired and sutured.
Excess fat, tissue and skin is removed while the navel is relocated.
• The operation usually lasts 2 hours.
Although each person’s recovery is different, it is common to follow the next steps:
After the operation the usual stay at the clinic is 48 hours, thereafter the patient can be discharged.
THE FIRST DAY:
• It is advisable to rest. You should not manipulate the bandage.
DURING THE FIRST WEEK:
• You must take moderate rest.
• The bandage will be removed after 3 or 4 days, and you will have to wear a compression garment to minimize swelling.
AFTER THE FIRST WEEK:
• Inflammation will gradually decrease.
• You can progressively start to work and return to normal activity.
• The stitches will be removed (although we don’t usually use visible sutures).
AFTER THE FIRST MONTH:
• Inflammation will reduce and you will start to see more defined final results.
• You can do more vigorous exercises.
• Scars start to blend in with the skins natural tone better over time.
• You can stop wearing the compression garment.
This intervention provides a great improvement in body contouring, giving patients more fulfilment with their new image. The volume of the abdominal wall will be reduced and excess skin and fatty tissue will be removed.
The results achieved will be maintained with your help. It is advisable to take care of skin by moisturising, control your weight, and make some physical exercise.