Earlobe rip is the lengthening of the earring hole of one or both ears. It can lead to the final break of the earlobe. This situation limits the use of earrings in many people.
This can occur abruptly by a sudden stretch or by the slow and continuous weight of the earrings.
Lobuloplasty is a procedure performed in people of all ages who want to improve their image.
You are a good candidate if you present any of the following characteristics:
• Earlobe definitive rupture.
• Limitation in the use of earrings.
• Dilators (expanders) and piercings sequels.
• Earlobe traumatic sequel.
A personal visit is the first step for anyone who is thinking about an earlobe repair.
Dr. Saez will ask about your general health and what your expectations are.
From an individualized evaluation Dr. Saez will explain the technique and the results that can be achieved by surgery.
It is a simple and worthwhile procedure, which is performed with local anaesthesia on an outpatient basis (in other words, hospitalization is not necessary).
The skin inside the hole is resected and carefully sutured.
Then, after 10 days, sutures are removed and a month after the intervention, the lobe is pieced and earring can be worn again.
• The operation usually lasts 30 minutes and you can return to normal activity immediately.
Although each person’s recovery is different, it is common to follow the next steps:
After the operation the usual stay at the clinic is 20 minutes, thereafter the patient can be discharged and return to normal activity immediately.
THE FIRST DAY:
• It is advisable to rest ligthy. You should not manipulate the adhesive strips.
• You can work and return to normal activity immediately.
DURING THE FIRST WEEK:
• You must respect a relative rest.
• A daily care with povidone –iodine must be applied.
AFTER THE FIRST WEEK:
• The swelling gradually decrease.
• The stitches will be removed.
• You can do more vigorous exercises.
AFTER THE FIRST MONTH:
• Inflammation will reduce and you will start to see more defined final results.
• Earlobe can be pieced and earring worn again.
Our patients are grateful with the intervention.
The results achieved are maintained for many years. However, you must remember that the lobes are not immune to the weight of the earrings.
It is advisable not to use heavy earrings as to avoid the earlobe tear.