Liposculpture is the aesthetic procedure that eliminates the accumulation of fat tissue in localized areas that cannot be eliminated through diet and exercise.
Liposculpture is suitable for men and women with average weight or slightly overweight figures who have fat tissue accumulation in localized areas and want to improve their body contour.
Areas most commonly treated are:
• Chin and neck.
• Abdomen and waist.
• Thighs and hips.
Although liposculpture is not a treatment for generalized obesity, can improve the contour and, sometimes, is the only method for removing localized deposits of fat which do not respond to diet or exercise.
Liposculpture can be performed at any age, but patients with good skin elasticity will achieve better results, because the skin will adapt easily to the new contour after fat removal.
– It is not a substitute for diet and exercise.
– It is not a complete treatment of cellulite.
A personal visit is the first step for any woman who is thinking about a liposculpture.
Dr. Saez will ask about your general health and what your expectations are.
From an individualized evaluation Dr. Saez will explain the technique and the results that can be achieved by surgery.
A tube connected to a suction pump is introduced through minimal incisions near the area to be treated. The fat located in the subcutaneous level is then aspirated.
A variant of the classic liposuction is lipolaser, which uses laser diode technology to liquefy the fat before it is suctioned.
In addition, it has two advantages over the classical technique which are:
– Coagulation effect, which leads to a significant reduction of hematomas.
– Increased stimulation of collagen and fibroblasts formation in the treated area, which produces an increased skin retraction.
• This operation is usually performed under local anaesthesia and sedation on an outpatient basis (in other words, hospitalization is usually not necessary).
• The operation usually lasts between 60 and 90 minutes.
Although each person’s recovery is different, it is common to follow the next steps:
After the operation the usual stay at the clinic is 3 or 4 hours, thereafter the patient can be discharged.
THE FIRST DAY:
• It is advisable to rest moderately.
• You will wear a compression garment to reduce inflammation and improve the adaptation of the skin.
DURING THE FIRST WEEK:
• Liposculpture is a procedure that doesn’t involve great discomfort.
• You can progressively start to work and return to normal activity in 3 or 4 days.
AFTER THE FIRST WEEK:
• Inflammation will have reached its peak and start reducing.
• The stitches will be removed.
• It is recommended to start gentle exercise and implementation of lymphatic drainage.
AFTER THE FIRST MONTH:
• Inflammation will reduce and you will start to see more defined final results.
• You can stop using the compression garment.
• You can do more vigorous exercises.
This intervention provides a great improvement in body contouring, giving patients more fulfilment with their new image.
Shortly after treatment, it is already noticed the difference in volume and shape. However, the improvement is more evident in the second month, when fluid retention and swelling have decreased. The final result is set at three months.
It is important to control weight and make some physical exercise to preserve results.